Although I do eat the "traditional" Turkey dinner, for me Thanksgiving is a time to spend extra time with my family, and to pause and reflect the things I am thankful for. I thought I'd list some of them here.
Marie's thankful for:
· My parents. I would not be the same person I am today without the influence and love of my parents. I would also be homeless without them.
· My daughter, whose huge, body-engulfing hugs keep me on an even keel.
· Federal grants for education, without which I would not be attending school.
· The talents the Lord gave me for imagining and writing stories.
· My friends who encourage my efforts at school and writing.
· My fans who enjoy and purchase my books, and support my writing habit.
Anne says, I could simply add a ditto to Marie’s list, but that may appear to be cheating just a bit; therefore, in addition to what she’s written, let me add:
· Living in a country as free as ours is, with the education provided as a youth so I learned to read and write.
· Having a choice about which religion I want to follow, and the freedom to do so.
· The right and ability to vote, to choose people and policies to keep my country free.
· Having the opportunity to work, so I can have a place to live, food to eat, clothing to wear and books to read.
· Having the opportunity to serve others.
· The chance to smile and say thanks to the people who serve me, including the harried cashiers at the stores I frequent. It costs nothing out of my pocket to give them a smile, read their badge so I can call them by name and say thanks to them for all they do for me.
~A M Jenner