March 01, 2012

Resolution Update

My resolutions for this year are to:

·Graduate from college.
·Write a new manuscript, something I haven't had time to do since I started college.
·Take a vacation someplace out of Arizona.
·Hug my daughter every day.
·Learn how to make book trailers and post them to YouTube.
How am I doing?

I'm still getting assignment grades that will lead to A's at the moment, but one of my classes is very close to sliding into B territory...every time I start to panic about that, I remind myself I need to pass these classes, not ace them. C is still a passing grade...panic averted. One class is an 8-week online class, which ends in about a week. My final paper, a 5-6 page essay, is due on Wednesday and I haven't begun the research for it yet.... This is going to be interesting, as it is one of the must-pass classes.

Writing the manuscript will have to wait until after graduation. I plan to fulfill this resolution in November as part of NaNoWriMo.
I have a sister getting married in California in June, and plan to celebrate graduation at Disneyland while I am there.

I am hugging my daughter every day...even on the day we had an argument that we both hated having. The hugs are helping.

The book trailers, like the manuscript, will have to wait until after graduation. Some days it feels like my whole life is waiting until after graduation, which I have started referring to as "A.G.".

All in all, I'm doing well; working on things in their proper order. Just as a side note, I am still working on knitting the sweater. It's a top-down raglan sweater that will have no seams when I'm finished. The rows are starting to get really long, and I am hoping that the row comes soon when I will split the arms off and just work on the body. (If you didn't understand that, it's because you've never knit one, and that's all right, I share the sweater details for my friends who do knit.) I have finished thirteen books with a collective page count of 4011 for pleasure reading this month. I have four pleasure books in progress. (One on my nightstand, one on my Nook, one on the Nook app on my phone, and one in that room of my home which my family refers to as "the reading room".)
~Marie

2 comments:

  1. You can come and see us, stay in our guest room and do some OR and WA letterboxing to boot! We'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to! However, living in a single car family with a person who needs the car to get to their day job, transportation to exotic places like OR and WA becomes an obstacle.

    OTOH, I have a sister getting married in so CA in June, the wedding paired with a celebratory I-graduated-from-college visit to the house of mouse will qualify as an out of state vacation.

    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete