December 25, 2012

I Wish You a Merry Christmas


On a Christmas album done by John Denver and the Muppets, there is a song where Kermit sings, “I don’t know if you believe in Christmas, or if you have presents underneath the Christmas tree, but if you believe in love, that will be more than enough for you to come and celebrate with me. (The Christmas Wish, Danny Wheetman)

This is how I feel toward all my friends, both my in-person friends and my “imaginary” internet friends. I don’t care what, if any, religion you pursue, we can all work together to increase the love in the world and make it a better place to live.

This Christmas, my family is enjoying homemade simplicity. Most of our gifts are being concocted in our kitchen. My mom has finally finished our living room murals, and each corner of the room has a tree from a different season. Our winter tree is a pine, because we didn’t want a bare deciduous tree taking a whole corner of the room. We have decorated our pine for Christmas with lights and homemade paper ornaments. And a lot of clear push-pins.

Whatever your religion, wherever you are in the world, and whatever you call your mid-winter (or mid-summer) holiday, carry with you my wishes that you and your family find peace and love in your lives, and that you spread it to others.

~Marie

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from an imaginary friend that became an in person friend!!

    Love ya

    GG

    ReplyDelete