October 17, 2012

Get a Clues!


My new book, The Siege of Kwennjurat, is scheduled for release eight days from now, and I feel like celebrating. For the next eight days, I am giving away one signed book each day. Here’s how to enter:

Making a comment on the blog gets you one entry. If you’re a blog follower, say so for a second entry. Tweeting and sharing to Facebook or Google+ are worth one entry each (post a link to where you shared in your comment). First thing tomorrow morning, I will put all the entries in a hat and draw a winner. I’ll announce the winner, and then they can email me their real name and address, and their signed book will be on the way!

Today I’m giving away Clues to Food, a cook book full of yummy tried-and-true recipes along with a little tom-foolery. One of my favorite recipes is for my great-great grandmother’s spice cake. It reads: “To your basic white cake recipe add 1/2 tsp. ground cloves, 1/2 tsp. allspice, 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg, and 1 tsp. cinnamon.” Please include your favorite recipe in your comments. See you tomorrow with a new giveaway and the announcement of today’s winner.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite recipes is one that my granmother had for Swedish Apple Pie. Fill a pie dish 2/3 with cut peeled apples. Then, mix together 3/4 c. melted butter, 3/4 c. sugar, 1 c. flour, 1 egg, and a pinch of salt. Pour over the apples, then bake at 350* for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.

    Its simple and easy! I've also added different things as well - raisins, nuts, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pies are one of my most favorite food groups, but making crust is something I haven't taken the time to learn yet - if crust is involved, I get BB3 to make that part for me. But this one I've been able to make since a young age - its easy enough you can get the kiddos involved in making it!

      Delete
    2. In my family I'm known for my crust, but my daughter's crust is even better than mine. The whole secret to crust is to not overwork it. She puts her flour and shortning in the huge green tupperware bowl, cuts it until it's a fine powder, putes the water in, puts the lid on, and shakes it until it becomes a ball.

      Delete
  2. BB3 is good at it too - kinda funny too, because she made an apple pie tonight! We had to finish up what was left of the bushel of apples we picked several weeks ago.

    Not overworking is the key to great biscuits too - that's something I haven't made in a while!

    ReplyDelete