October 21, 2012

The Fabric of Quibell's Life


My new book, The Siege of Kwennjurat, is scheduled for release four days from now, and I feel like celebrating. For the next four days, I am giving away one signed book each day. Here’s how to enter:

Making a comment on the blog gets you one entry. If you’re a blog follower, say so for a second entry. Tweeting and sharing to Facebook or Google+ are worth one entry each (post a link to where you shared in your comment). First thing tomorrow morning, I will put all the entries in a hat and draw a winner. I’ll announce the winner, and then they can email me their real name and address, and their signed book will be on the way!

Today I’m giving away the fantasy Fabric of the World. The hero, Quibell, can see the fabric and threads the world is made of, and manipulate them. To other people, it looks as though he is practicing magic. My most magical moment was the instant they laid my new daughter in my arms. In your comments today, share the most magical experience of your life. See you tomorrow with a new giveaway and the announcement of today’s winner.

16 comments:

  1. When the decision to become a full time RVer changed the entire course of my life in ways I never could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has certainly given you a very interesting life, and one that I envy much of the time.

      Delete
  2. https://plus.google.com/u/0/116528957330914073307/posts

    Google Plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.facebook.com/dzrt.bxr

    facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.html?gMsgId=738938;gThreadId=106932

    AQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your magical moment. The birth of my sons was pretty amazing. I think everyday magical moments are also special. I love sunrises, the first time I saw the top of clouds from an airplane, shooting stars, and s lunar eclipse in the middle of the night.

    I posted a link to facebook, but I'm not exactly sure how to post the link on here, so here's my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/katherine.hosmer.1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical experiences all. I love how sunsets seem to happen slowly, the sun sinking until it is forced to give up the last bit of light; but that sunrises are a quick event, the light gathers, then the sun pops above the horizon between one breath and the next, as though it can't wait to be about the business of a new day.

      Delete
    2. That is a great way to describe it. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Description is something of an occupational hazard for me, but it feels good to have it appreciated!

      Delete
  6. Remember that first letterbox find? Follow the clues, and low and behold, treasure! Then the next, it's there too! This is real!!! I still love boxing, but miss the magic of the first finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those first few were magic, weren't they? My first two were on the same day, and hyper-alert to the need for stealth, I got to the point where I needed to leave the trail on the steep hillside...and nearly fell off when my cell phone rang. My daughter, 200 miles away, was scared to death in a portable toilet in a thunderstorm. She couldn't just leave the enclosure, and was terrified it was about to tip over. It was hard to calm my own nerves from the phone ringing when I was trying to be sneaky, and harder not to laugh at her predicament, but I managed both. I soothed her fears, hung up the phone, and got the box. It's now gone, but the magic of that moment will never be forgotten.

      Delete
  7. My apologies to your daughter, but that's just plain FUNNY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's hilarious now...but I don't think she sees it that way. Also, unless you want her to die of embarrassment, do not under any circumstances ask her about letterboxing in Washington DC, the Renwick Museum, or the White House.

      Delete
  8. a most magical moment in my life happened as I danced with my son at his wedding. I have never seen him happier and he is still floating around on a cloud! I also am a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. being proposed to AT Disney World DURING the Wishes fireworks. it capped off a magical day, a magical dinner - and afterwards, the Electrical Light Parade started. It was just like A Perfect Proposal on TV only better - because Mr. Umbrella planned the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete